Friday, February 9, 2007

Black Widow Spider Queen Recharted


One of the advantages of being oldish is that I can refer to wads of books I've collected over the years. I found this pattern in a Spanish book of lace that is clearly older than I am, and is lacking the cover as well. (My cover is still intact, more or less). It looks to be about the same as the original spider pattern, but this one knit up correctly for me, so I am using it instead. It is appropriately called Eyes of Something-or-Another (my Spanish being only marginally better than my Japanese).

Thank you, everyone, who contributed to solving my dilemma, whatever it was. I clearly didn't understand the original pattern. By the way, there's another version of the Spider Queen center out there that puts a plain row between each pattern row in the center. Weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you've changed the pattern, perhaps you can sell the design when you're finished? *hint, hint*

fleegle said...

I can hear the Rustle Rustle of legal papers already. But, depending how much else I change, perhaps it will end up being a completely different design...

Big Alice said...

I like this pattern quite a lot, does it fit nicely into the rest of spider queen or do you need to fudge the connections?

Anonymous said...

Mountainash has a pattern *almost* like that...personally I see a flower rather than a spider

Lacefreak said...

Dear fleegle,

Really pretty change! No one else will have your exact shawl which is a plus.